Why it’s necessary to stop using Magento 1.x
After June 2020, using the Magento 1.x will be the most dangerous threat for your online e-commerce website. If you continue to run Magento 1.x even after June, then you are putting your reputation and security of your business at very high risk. And do you really think, it worth putting your business at risk?
You must have lots of questions and doubts in your mind, so we will cover some of your doubts in this article.
- How long Magento 1.x will be supported?
- What if I continue to use Magento 1.x?
- Your life as Magento 1 Store owner?
- Why migrate to Magento 2?
- What do Magento experts says?
So, let’s read the following to know some facts about Magento 1.
How long will Magento 1 be supported?
As per the official announcement by Magento Inc , the support of Magento 1 is already ended in June 2020. This means we are not getting any updated features or security patches by Magento Inc no matter you have Community or Enterprise Edition. Now, if you are still using Magento 1 then you must have to face some damageable risk.
Disadvantages of using Magento 1 after its EOL
- Magento 1.x will stop receiving the updates and security patches from Magento Inc. itself.
- After EOL your store will start degrading and decaying as lack of support of updates and securities.
- Finding suitable extensions for your Magento 1 store won’t be easy and smooth.
- Magento Developing Agencies and Magento developers are also changing their paths towards Magento 2, so it will be the hard part to find right developer who is willing to work on Magento 1.
- Let’s assume if you get any developer for your Magento 1, it would be just a handful of them, the charge for each development will cost you more than the development of Magento 2.
- The threat of hackers and spammers stealing your customer’s data are on high possibilities.
Apart from these, many other hidden damages can affect your site if you do not choose to move on Magento 2. Unlike Magento 1, migrating to Magento 2 brings you many benefits.
What if I continue to use Magento 1 after June 2020?
Look, on what issues you may face if you continue Magento 1 after its EOL.